The Summer is coming to a close and it’s finally back to school time! Many parents love to send their kids off to school again and have the house to themselves. It’s also the time of year when things start to cool off.
With a new season, and a new school year starting its important to review some basic security and safety tips that go along with being back in school. Our children, homes and families are the most important things in our lives, so we should take every precaution to protect them.
We’ve put together this infographic as a friendly reminder about kids safety. Look over these back to school tips with your family and add your own that apply to your neighborhood. Remember; Safety First!
- Help organize your child’s backpack, make sure it’s not more than 20% of his or her weight.
- If they’re biking, make sure they wear a helmet.
- Make sure your child knows what to do if they are approached by a stranger.
- Use main streets and travel in groups when walking to school.
- Make sure your child knows their address and phone number – including the code to the security system.
- Use crosswalks and obey crossing guards.
- Tour the School with your child and meet the new teacher.
- Consider taking some extra vitamin C to help build up your child’s immune system.
- Teach your children about bullying and what to do if they see a problem.